WayBetter Games Rules
WayBetter offers different kinds of games where players upload photos, videos, or connect fitness trackers as verification for certain activities (e.g. working out, eating healthy, etc.). To win, you must complete the total number of submissions required for the individual game - some may require 4 a week, some 5, etc. Each photo must be unique and follow the rules of the particular game.
Note: Apple does not sponsor WayBetter in any way. No prizes are provided by Apple.
Verification: Once you upload your photo or video through the app it will be automatically approved, but other players can flag submissions as not meeting the criteria of the game. Our referee team will review flagged submissions and be auditing activity.
If there are any issues with your submission, we’ll contact you as soon as possible. If your account is flagged for suspicious workout activity, you may be required to re-submit your photo or redo the activity entirely. Failure to comply with our audit requirements will result in disqualification and forfeiture of your accumulated winnings and any pending bets. You may also be banned from playing again and subject to other penalties. We have a zero-tolerance policy on cheating.
Bet Payment: Bets for all games must be paid up-front. The bet amount for each game is set by the organizer, and you can pay via PayPal, credit card, or with your winnings from another game. Some may not require a bet to join.
Refunds: Players have up until day 3 of the game to receive a full refund: Please note that the 3 day period begins on the day the game starts and not the day the player joins. After the refund period has closed, exceptions may be made for players that have medical reasons for leaving the game. Documentation must be provided for verification purposes. No refunds will be made after the game ends. No exceptions.
Winning: Hit your weekly goals during every week, and you’re a winner unless player has been removed by the Organizer or WayBetter. If you are disqualified, you are welcome to continue to play along but are ineligible for winnings.
Winnings: Players will have 24 hours after the game ends to submit their final photos. Once all all submissions have been uploaded and the grace period has ended, the game will be finalized and winners announced. Note: the process to finalize a game can take a few days following the end date. Once the game is finalized, winnings are distributed and no adjustments can be made to game results.
Disputes: All decisions by WayBetter Referees shall be considered final.
Payouts: If there is a bet, winners will be notified and winnings will be disbursed to your WayBetter account within 2 weeks of the end of the game. As with all WayBetter games, payouts are issued via PayPal. You cannot have your winnings credited back to a credit card. In rare cases where a player requires a paper check, we charge a $5 fee to cover the cost of writing and mailing the check within the United States regardless of the payout amount.
Age Requirement: You must be at least 18 years old to participate.
Prohibited Actions: Players caught engaging in prohibited actions shall be ejected from the game at the sole discretion of WayBetter’s Referees. Ejected players shall not be entitled to a refund of any fees or bets. The following actions are prohibited:
- Engaging in activities that falsely portray the completion of an activity (e.g. uploading a photo that does not qualify the requirements of the game).
- A person other than the player completing the required activity on behalf of the player.
- Other activities determined to be unsportsmanlike by WayBetter Referees.
Unsportsmanlike Activities: WayBetter aims to create a supportive, fun environment that helps players become more active. Like all communities, we run the risk that a few bad apples can ruin the experience for everyone. To this end, we ask our players to adhere to the following guidelines of good sportsmanship, as well as help us enforce these standards that bring out the best in us all.
- No playing in bad faith (playing repeatedly in a manner of “hustling”).
- No manipulating the game, including colluding, betting on someone other than yourself, betting on someone to lose, or otherwise interfering with the fair and natural course of the competition.
- No harassment of players.
- No embarrassment of players.
- No disclosing confidential information of another player.
- No posting photos/videos without permission of the subject or photographer.
- No gaming of the system by creating multiple accounts or forging videos.
- No business, product, or self-promotion posts in the games.
Disclaimer and Indemnification:
Know The Health Risks: Consult with a qualified healthcare provider before engaging in a game. Some activities like exercising can be risky in certain circumstances and we want to avoid injuries. Players assume all risks of their participation.
Play Smart: Don’t engage in a game where you don't think you can complete all of the activities in the required time, or when you cannot afford to lose the money that you’ve bet.
Keep It Legal: WayBetter does not permit use of its services in jurisdictions where such contests are illegal.
WayBetter Game: A contest to complete a certain amount of activities and submit verification photos, videos, or data via a fitness tracker of a certain activity in a set amount of time. Players bet money into the pot at the outset of the game (if required). Winners split the pot.
Host: An Host creates a game and sets the start date and bet. The Host also determines whether it is invitation-only (Private) or open to the public (Open-Access). The Host normally invites friends to participate and may also join the game as a player.
Private Game: A private game requires an invitation from the Host, or one of its players, to join.
Public Game: An public game is open to all eligible players.
Referee: A Referee (or Ref) is an agent of WayBetter who audits the game.
Bet: Bets are a feature of the game to make it more effective. Bets are collected by WayBetter and kept in the pot until the end.
1. How do you prevent cheating?
We have a zero-tolerance policy for cheating. And players found to be cheating or falsifying their activities will be immediately removed. Players may be asked to provide additional evidence of completed activity if they are flagged for suspicious behavior.
2. Is this gambling? This game is not gambling because it is fundamentally based on the activities you complete, and not an element of chance. In other words, whether or not you win is in your control, not random like gambling.
3. Can I play in more than one game at once? You sure can! We know that some players feel more motivated when they up the stakes by playing in a few games at once, or prevent post-win weight gain with overlapping games.
4. Are my photo and video submissions visible to other players in the game? Yes. When a player completes a submission, they can choose whether or not show it in the game feed, but all submissions are visible from within the game on the submissions screen. These games are about accountability and social interaction so it is a key element of the experience.
5. How do I get my winnings? Getting your winnings is as easy as clicking a button! Shortly after your game finalizes, your winnings will appear in your account as Points. If you don’t want to put your Points toward a new game, just go to Your Points and select “Request a payout via PayPal.”
If you require a paper check, we charge $5 to cover the cost of writing and mailing the check within the United States regardless of the payout amount. Your payout will become available within 48 hours of being requested.